By K. L. Mittal, Tanweer Ahsan
This complete e-book will offer either primary and utilized facets of adhesion concerning microelectronics in one and simply available resource. one of the issues to be lined include;
- Various theories or mechanisms of adhesion
- Surface (physical or chemical) characterization of fabrics because it relates to adhesion
- Surface cleansing because it relates to adhesion
- Ways to enhance adhesion
- Unraveling of interfacial interactions utilizing an array of pertinent techniques
- Characterization of interfaces / interphases
- Polymer-polymer adhesion
- Metal-polymer adhesion (metallized polymers)
- Polymer adhesion to varied substrates
- Adhesion of skinny films
- Adhesion of underfills
- Adhesion of molding compounds
- Adhesion of other dielectric materials
- Delamination and reliability matters in packaged devices
- Interface mechanics and crack propagation
- Adhesion dimension of skinny motion pictures and coatings
Read Online or Download Adhesion in Microelectronics PDF
Best microelectronics books
I are inclined to trust those that have written a detrimental overview in this ebook. i would even absolve its contents - newcomers or now not skilled designers can nonetheless get whatever out of it. readability and didactics appear to have no consistency in that fairly often phrases, options, and acronyms are given without any consideration, while different basic principles are repeated two times in the comparable web page (and extra embarassingly with the exact same phrases!
Instant networking is poised to have a major influence on communications, and the 802. eleven usual is to instant networking what Ethernet is to stressed networking. There are already over 50 million units utilizing the dominant IEEE 802. eleven (essentially instant Ethernet) common, with astronomical progress estimated over the following 10 years.
This e-book provides the idea at the back of software-implemented fault tolerance, in addition to the sensible features had to positioned it to paintings on actual examples. by way of comparing thoroughly the benefits and drawbacks of the already on hand ways, the publication presents a consultant to builders prepared to undertake software-implemented fault tolerance of their functions.
- Microscale Heat Transfer - Fundamentals and Applications: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Microscale Heat Transfer - Fundamentals and ... II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry)
- Operational Amplifier Circuits. Analysis and Design
- Encapsulation Technologies for Electronic Applications (Materials and Processes for Electronic Applications)
- Embedded Microcontroller Interfacing for M-CORE Systems
Additional resources for Adhesion in Microelectronics
M. Sondag, M. C, Raas, and F. J. Touwslager, A comparison between inelastic electron tunnelling and infrared reflection-absorption spectroscopy for vibrational surface analysis, Appl. , 47, 205–223 (1991). 39. S. Devdas and R. R. Mallik, Variations in carbonyl mode intensities in inelastic electron tunneling and multiple reflection absorption infrared spectroscopy. Part I: Effects due to the lead cover films for selected mono-carboxylic acids on alumina, Intl. J. Adhesion Adhesives, 20, 341–347 (2000).
2 Scribe Test The scribe test, also known as the scratch test or the stylus test, is another widely used qualitative or semi-quantitative method of adhesion measurement for rapid assessment and quality assurance. 2, in the scribe test, a spherically tipped scratching point (stylus) subjected to a normal load (Fn) is dragged across the coated surface by a tangential traction force (Ft). The minimum normal load, also known as the critical load (Fn,c) at which coating is delaminated is taken as the nominal adhesion parameter.
IETS has also been used to identify impurities accidentally incorporated into Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (MOS) junctions during the fabrication process, illustrating its value as a diagnostic tool for materials used in the manufacture of microelectronic devices based on MOS technology . As indicated above, IETS has the capability for probing SAMs adsorbed on a variety of surfaces, but inevitably, since corresponding spectra are recorded for samples having a relatively large junction area (of order 1 mm2), local information on specific bonding sites is averaged out.