By Wing-huen Ip
"Advances in Geosciences" is the results of a concerted attempt in bringing the most recent effects and making plans actions relating to earth and area technology in Asia and the foreign area. the quantity editors are all best scientists of their study fields overlaying 5 sections: strong Earth (SE), sun Terrestrial (ST), Planetary technological know-how (PS), Hydrological technology (HS), and Oceans and Atmospheres (OA). the most function is to focus on the medical concerns necessary to the examine of earthquakes, tsunamis, weather swap, drought, flood, typhoons, area weathers, and planetary exploration.
Read or Download Advanced in Geosciences, V2: Solar Terrestrial(St) (2006)(en)(368s) PDF
Similar scientific-popular books
This feature of papers explores the demanding situations confronted through the technology institutions within the new defense atmosphere throughout a variety of NATO international locations, and examines attainable strategies through having a look in nearer element at a few nationwide case reports. It units out the significance of the NATO safety via technology programme within the new safeguard setting.
The USA is the single superpower on the planet at the present time. even supposing the media are packed with prescriptions for a way Washington may most sensible wield its strength, hardly are different international locations requested what function they want the U.S. to play. In What Does the area wish from the USA?
This quantity describes and analyzes the elite membership of people that the media method for "inside information," history, or predictions about the end result of still-unfolding tales. in keeping with a examine interpreting 3 significant networks' night newscasts in the course of 1987-1988, it finds small variety of white, politically conservative males linked to Washington-based imagine tanks, former Republican administrations, and personal East Coast universities nearly monopolize political discourse within the mass media.
- The Frequency-sensitivity of Normal Ears
- Surfactant science and technology
- Journal de voyage Europe
- Plastic (Science Explorers)
- Plastic (Science Explorers)
Extra info for Advanced in Geosciences, V2: Solar Terrestrial(St) (2006)(en)(368s)
30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 19 M. Stuiver and T. F. Braziunas, Holocene 3 (1993) 289. M. Stuiver, P. J. Reimer and T. F. Braziunas, Radiocarbon 40, 3 (1998) 1127. J. , Nature 331 (1988) 675. J. , Nature 347 (1990) 164. J. Beer, S. Tobias and N. Weiss, Solar Phys. 181 (1998) 237. A. N. Peristykh and P. E. Damon, Solar Phys. 177 (1998) 343. H. Miyahara, H. Masuda, Y. Muraki, H. Furuzawa, H. Menjo and T. Nakamura, Sol. Phys.
21. U. Narain and P. Ulmschneider, Space Sci. Rev. 75 (1996) 453. 22. Z. E. Musielak, Stars as Suns: Activity, Evolution and Planets, IAU Symposium 219, eds. A. K. Dupree and A. O. Benz (Astr. Soc. , San Francisco, 2004), p. 437. 23. D. E. Fawzy, P. Ulmschneider and M. Cuntz, Astron. Astrophys. 336 (1998) 1029. 24. W. Rammacher and P. Ulmschneider, Astrophys. J. 589 (2003) 988. 25. T. J. Bogdan, M. Carlsson, V. H. Hansteen, A. McMurry, C. S. Rosenthal, M. Johnson, S. Petty-Powell, E. J. Zita, R.
HXR source also appeared at this site, although at slightly higher location (−890, −240) than the microwave emission source. The HXR source is visible in both 12–25 and 25–40 keV bands. 12 On the other hand, we can also see footpoint sources which are located on the TRACE ﬂare ribbons mentioned above both in the microwave (34 GHz) and in the HXRs (12–25, 25–40 keV). The energy release probably occurred in the corona, a part of which is deposited at the footpoints to produce the EUV brightenings.