These are a few of the things that caused me to say, “really?” last week…
- Watched 4 hours of a Storage Wars marathon…And liked it.
- Traveled for 2 hours (each way) for my son to play baseball. Twice in one week.
- Have the worst sunburn on my knees. Just my knees.
- Pollen. Just pollen. (GA broke the count record at 9,369)
- Spent an hour on the phone with a dog whisperer… (prozac dog post HERE)
- Found out there’s a TV show called Duck Dynasty…(wondering why we can’t come up with a show idea and make it big…)
- Had my daughter tell me that the larger spoons threw off the “feng shui” of her breakfast cereal experience.
- Caught my husband watching Welcome Back Kotter on his iphone…
- Had my son tell me the Hunger Games really wasn’t that violent.
- Had to remind my son that 22 children were killed in the Hunger Games…
I also found out that my daughter is almost to her fundraising goal for her mission trip this summer. She will be heading to Africa for 2 months. You can read my original post about it HERE…
If you feel led to contribute, please do! otherwise, we certainly covet your prayers for her as she fulfills her call.
What made you say Really? last week?
Lady and Sam love getting dressed up for the holidays… Really.
I’m a better parent than a dog owner. Really.
At first glance into my home, you can clearly see that my kids have it way better than my dogs. But just in case you never get a peak into the pathetic lives of my canines, I will honor them in this weeks top 10…
The top 5 ways my kids have it better than my dogs…
- My kids have free roam of the house. My dogs can only inhabit 3 rooms.
- My kids get to ride in my car all the time. My dogs only travel to the vet when they are sick or need a shot. (I hate the slobber marks they leave on the window)
- I serve a variety of meals to my kids. The dogs get Purina Lamb & Rice. Everyday, twice a day. (if no one forgets) 365 days a year.
- My kids decide what they wear, for the most part. My dogs wear whatever cute or ridiculous outfit that suits my fancy…
- My kids can use the bathroom when they need to. My dogs have to wait till I feel like getting up…
The top 5 ways my dogs have it better than my kids…
- My dogs can run around in the yard all day. My kids have responsibilities.
- I bathe my dogs in the “big” tub. My kids bathe themselves. Period.
- My dogs can sleep all day if they want to. My kids get up in the morning. Or else.
- Dogs invented the “puppy dog” look, and it always works for them. My kids… not so much.
- If my dogs have an accident in the house, they get yelled at. Maybe. If my kids have an accident in the house, they get grounded, and possibly an appointment with a specialist.
So, who do you really think has it better?